Large Print Services
With the aging population in the US growing exponentially, many individuals will benefit from large print now and in the future. Large print is typically presented on glare-free paper. Text is evenly spaced and sized starting at 16 point with plenty of white space on the page. Images are kept to a minimum for an easier reading experience.
Whether large print is included in menus, brochures, or employee resources, offering this format can increase accessibility for individuals with difficulty reading standard print.
Here are a few reasons why offering large print is important:
- Improved readability: Large print makes it easier for individuals with visual impairments to read and comprehend information. By increasing the font size, users can more easily identify letters, words and sentences, and reduce the strain on their eyes.
- Accessibility for seniors: As people age, their eyesight naturally deteriorates, making it increasingly difficult for them to read small print. By offering large print, organizations can ensure that older individuals are able to access and understand important information.
- Inclusiveness: By offering large print materials, organizations demonstrate their commitment to inclusion and accessibility. This sends a positive message to individuals with visual impairments and shows that they are valued and welcome.
Offering large print materials is an essential aspect of accessibility and inclusiveness. By making information more accessible to individuals with visual impairments, organizations can improve the user experience and demonstrate their commitment to accessibility and inclusiveness.
Large Print Solutions for businesses
Our large format production services include:
- Restaurant Menus
- Concert and Theater Programs
- Promotional Brochures
- Instructional Materials and Guides
- Onboarding Documents and Training Materials
- Conference Materials
- Religious Publications
- Custom Materials
Large Transcription and Formatting
GetBraille can format your documents to be easily readable by individuals with visual impairments including the elderly, people with limited vision and people with other print related disabilities.
Your business can rely on GetBraille to reliably format your document to eliminate visual clutter and lay out the type in a crisp, clearly delineated fashion so that individuals who struggle with standard print can easily access the material.
Braille Production Requirements:
- Document text in an MS Word file (dot doc/docx)
- Braille type (UEB uncontracted Grade 1 braille, UEB contracted Grade 2 braille, or uncontracted/contracted jumbo braille)
- Number of copies
- Desired turnaround time
Although convertible, other document formats don’t lend themselves well to being imported into braille translation software and may require extensive reformatting, or in some instances, retyping by hand. For alternative formats, our in-house transcriptionist and proofreader can convert your document to a translation-ready digital braille (brf) format.
- Conversion, formatting, and proofreading of hand-written text, scanned non-OCR images, text boxes, and text columns by our -house transcriptionist
- Conversion, reformatting and proofreading of non-MS Word documents (dot pdf, jpg, png, etc.)
Convenient Shipping Options
As every job is different, we’ll work with you to develop a project workflow on a mutually agreed-upon timeline.
In general, please allow 3-4 weeks turnaround time for large and custom projects (50+ pages, 5+ copies), and 2 business days for small projects and personal correspondence products.
All materials will be mailed via Free Matter at no cost by default, shipped to US locations only. Accessible materials may be sent free of charge if mailed by or for the use of blind or other individuals who cannot read or use conventionally printed materials due to a print disability.
Ground UPS shipping is available for large and custom projects with less than a three-week turnaround time; estimated shipping costs will be included in your final quote.